ART DISPLAYS AND EXHIBITS
The Fraser Valley Regional Library Board supports the educational, artistic and cultural life of the community by providing as a public service, exhibit and display space at some of its facilities. Although the Board provides space, the Board does not necessarily endorse the position or point of view promoted by the exhibit or display.
The Board accepts materials within the following guidelines:
Displays and Exhibits – Public
- Application for display space must be made to the Library Manager by groups or individuals.
- Preference is given to displays and exhibits promoting interest in the Library's collections or information services or relating to the Mission of the Board.
- The Board reserves the right to limit the size, number of items, the schedule of any display and the frequency with which the artist or organization may use display space.
- Sale of art or other exhibited items is not permitted.
- Insurance of all items displayed is the responsibility of the owner.
- The Board, its employees and agents are not responsible for loss, damage or theft of displayed items.
- All art work must be suitably matted, framed or mounted. It is the exhibitor's responsibility to set up and remove exhibits.
- Any display may be altered or discontinued by the Library Manager or Chief Administrative Officer at any time at his/her discretion.
- Local variations may occur in the amount of display space and time available.
Displays and Exhibits – Staff
- FVRL employees may create displays to encourage use of library resources, recognize special promotional weeks or events and foster interest in topical or newsworthy local, provincial, national or international events.
- Displays should promote a positive view of the library in the community and therefore, displays should reflect balanced viewpoints on a given subject where appropriate.