POSTING OF MATERIALS
The Fraser Valley Regional Library Board, as a community service, provides bulletin boards, display stands and wall space for posting of information of importance and interest to the community.
The Board accepts materials within the following guidelines:
Materials Acceptable for Posting or Distribution
- Publicity for Library or Library sponsored programs
- Materials from non-profit or community based cultural organizations.
- Publicity materials for programs sponsored by local community organizations
- Publicity for educational courses and programs conducted by non-profit organizations, professional associations, schools, colleges and universities.
- Information of a cultural or recreational nature such as concerts, theatre, art gallery exhibitions, conservation authority programs, etc.
- Materials from school district, municipal, regional, provincial and federal governments of agencies.
Materials Not Acceptable for Posting or Distribution
- Material in support of or publicizing private or corporate business whose main purpose is profit.
- Materials of a sectarian political or religious nature.
- Petitions not approved by the Library Board.
- Fundraising materials (unless authorized by the Library Board).
- Publicity or advertisements for individual teachers (e.g., music teachers, dance teachers, tutors, etc.)
- Materials which contravene the British Columbia Human Rights Code, the Charter of Rights and/or the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Materials which may be of a libellous or defamatory nature.
- Materials missing essential information (e.g., sponsor name, date, time, place, etc.)
Conditions for Posting or Distribution
- All materials must be submitted to the Chief Executive Officer or Area Coordinator or Branch Librarian for approval.
- Acceptance of materials is subject to availability of space.
- Acceptance does not imply Board endorsement of any organization, group or point of view.
- All materials posted without approval will be removed and discarded.
- The Library Board is not responsible for the physical maintenance and/or return of any materials.
- The Library Board reserves the right to decline any publicity material at its discretion. These materials may be determined through communication in writing with the local council or school board where that library is located.