RETURN TO WORK PROGRAM POLICY
The Fraser Valley Regional Library board provides a progressive return to work program to employees on sick leave, Workers' Compensation benefits, or long term disability, in order to re-introduce the injured / recovering employee back into the work environment leading to resumption of regular duties.
The return to work program includes:
- Modified return to work:
- the performing of normal duties but not the full scope of duties
- Graduated return to work:
- working less than the regular number of hours
- special programs sponsored and developed in conjunction with Workers' Compensation or the Rehabilitation section of long term disability coverage carriers.
- Ergonomic adjustments/workplace modifications:
- as recommended by Workers' Compensation or Ergonomic Specialist.