SAFE AND HEALTHY WORKING ENVIRONMENT POLICY
The Board of the Fraser Valley Regional Library is committed to the establishment, maintenance and promotion of a safe and healthy working environment. It is the intent of the Board to constructively comply with the spirit and intent of relevant legislation.
- It shall be the responsibility of Management to ensure that physical and health hazards are guarded against or eliminated, and to develop work procedures conducive to an accident and occupational disease-free operation by:
- establishing and maintaining adequate maintenance of the Administrative Centre building and library-owned equipment.
- encouraging and promoting the adequate maintenance of member facilities and equipment.
- It shall be the responsibility of every supervisor to ensure that workers are trained in and follow all safe work procedures and all pertinent regulations.
- It shall be the duty of every worker to follow proper safety work procedures, to observe all pertinent regulations, and to cooperate in attaining the objective of an accident and occupational disease-free operation.
- Specific procedures will be developed in conjunction with the Joint Health and Safety Committee.