FEES & FINES
You are responsible for all items borrowed on your card as well as any charges accrued on items that are overdue, lost, or damaged. Lost or stolen cards must be reported immediately to FVRL; all items borrowed using your card before it has been reported missing will remain your responsibility.
Fees and fines may be paid at any FVRL location or through your online banking by adding Fraser Valley Regional Library to your bank's payee list.
How to Pay Fees/Fines Through Online Banking
- Search for Fraser Valley Regional Library in your online banking's payee list
- Add Fraser Valley Regional Library to your payee list
- Use your 14-digit library card number as your account number
- Pay your fees and fines
Fines on Children's Cards
Children's and Young Adult materials borrowed on children's cards are fines-free*. Adult materials borrowed on a children's card are subject to the current fines schedule.
*Any items not returned after 45 days will be billed to your account and a non-refundable $5 administrative fee will apply to each item.
Fines on Adult Cards
- Children's/Young Adult Materials: $0.10/item/day
- Adult Books/Magazines/CD Books: $0.35/item/day
- Adult DVDs/Blu-ray/Music CDs: $0.35/item/day
- Best Seller Express: $1/item/day
- Inter-library Loans: $1/item/day
- Story Telling Kits: $5/kit/day
- Ukulele Kits: $1/item/day
Please note that you will be blocked from borrowing materials or placing holds when your cumulative fines reach the following limits:
- Adults Card: $25
- Children's Card: $10
- Business/Day Care/Institution Card: $25
- Lost card: $2 card replacement
- NSF cheques: $25
- Lost or damaged items: charges for materials that have been catalogued will include a $5 processing fee to help cover the costs of replacing the item
- Long overdue accounts: unpaid fees and fines may result in your account being turned over to a collection agency
- Printing/Photocopying: $0.15/page (B&W) or $0.50/page (colour)